I suggest you ...

make the message system more like facebook chat

its awkward relyin on the "(1)" to pop up without a noise to alarm you, so this would work fantastic

love this site btw ;)

959 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    xTheScouserxxTheScouserx shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • WENDYWENDY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hope they don't add a sound every time you get a message as that would get on my nerves with the amount I get inless you can turn the sound offf

• Fuck OffFuck Off commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That way even my WHORE slutbag cumdumpster of a wife will enjoy it you probably know her ....her name is Jennifer Hermes or Jennifer hill

• BuddyBuddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@akiro13 The he/she is not talking about the walls he/she s talking about the chat system FB uses and there are no ads on the FB chat

But they do need to overhaul the messaging system on this site hell they need to completely overhaul the whole damn dating site it's outdated

• Michael ButashMichael Butash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd put in a suggestion I guess sort of like this, basically recommending to use on the backend a common service like jabber for messaging. This would allow a generic 3rd party client to connect, get existing desktop notifications built into the client, dynamically see as people come and go without refreshing a page, etc. AOL did this in the 90's, and irc long before - this is nothing new, so why reinvent the wheel?

• akiro13akiro13 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

fuck no,I hate Facebook,too much crap on those walls,keep the wall option the way it is now,do REAL changes,important ones,use your good judgment for once

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the gmail message system on the righthand side of the screen
        where you can see your freinds who are logged on and chat as a group
        It seems that a lot of people are actualy asking for something like that?

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this allot! I miss people tha want to chat because I don't know they have sent me a note, so by the time I see it, the person is long gone! A simple little "ding" is all it needs!

Great idea. I see this suggestion is approaching 2 years old. Is xhamster any closer to some kind of noise or alarm function letting us know when a message arrives? It would definitely make interacting with other members easier and more "real time". thanks. great site.

I don't know why that was never considered HELLO! just a ping or a tone whould perfect
        I could even write the code and give it to ya

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base